Accessible Christmas lights and shopping evening
Monday 3rd December – 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Partnering with St Peter Port Christmas Lights and many town businesses we will be launching the first ever Accessible Christmas lights and shopping evening, on Monday 3rd December, 5:30-7:30pm. This is two days after the Christmas Lights switch on (Saturday 1st December) and aims to provide a more accessible environment for all.
The focus for the evening will be Market Square where entertainment will be provided by a variety of bands and performers. Stalls of food and Christmas produce will be available.
The entertainment area is generously sponsored by Sure Community Foundation and includes:
The children’s activities area is generously sponsored by Butterfield Bank and includes:
- Inner Market children’s zone with Santa, stalls and games – see our stall page at https://accessibletown.gg/stall-information/
- quiet zone activities at the Guille-Alles library
Improved accessibility includes:
- Extra blue badge and mini bus parking (thank you to Environment & Infrastructure for their support)
- more toilets and better use of the Community Toilet scheme
- tips for businesses – videos, Hints and Tips sheets and many resources
- training for the businesses – Hidden Disability lanyard scheme, Dementia Friends, Guernsey Employment Trust
Please contact the project leads Kerstin and Karen on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the opportunities.